HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- Account Information: When you use our mobile application, a username will be randomly assigned to you that you may change or delete at any time. Your username is publicly displayed when you interact with the Services, such as when you post a insegreto or send a chat message to another user. Please keep in mind that if your username contains your real name or is the same as how you identify yourself on other online services, people who see it may determine your identity. We may also ask you for, or you may choose to provide, additional information, such as age or gender, that will be associated with your insegreto account.
- Other Information: You may provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, update your account, interact with the Services, apply for a job at our company, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICES
- Location Information: Many features of the Services will not work unless you provide us with some information about your past and current location. If you consent to the collection of location information (e.g. if you permit your mobile device to send us your latitude and longitude), we will collect and use this information to tailor your interactions and experiences with the Services. For example, we may show you secrets from people around you or places you frequently visit. If permitted by your device settings, we will also collect location information in the “background” (i.e. at times when you are not directly using the Services). This allows us to further tailor the Services and your experience, such as by sending you notifications of things happening around you in real time. If you do not permit your mobile device to provide us with location information, or location information is not available from your device for technical reasons, we may use your IP address to determine an approximate geographic location for your device. For more details about how you may control location information, please see "Your Choices" below.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, including access times, pages and secrets viewed, user and secret interactions (e.g. hearts, flags and replies) and other information about your interactions with us, the Services and other users. We use this information to, among other things, personalize your experience, provide and improve the Services, and monitor and analyze use of the Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, which may include the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type and language, IP address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. Among other things, we use this information to customize the Service for your device, to provide customer service and support, to deliver the products and services you request, to deliver notifications, for user safety, and for analytics and authentication.
- Log Information: We collect information in our log files when you use the Services. This includes, among other things, your browser and device type, language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the URL you visited before navigating to our websites. We use log information to provide, understand, and improve our Services.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public. For example:
- Any insegreto posted to the Services is public and, as a result, others may be able to see your username at the time the insegreto was posted, the text and image contents of your insegreto and the geographic location in which you posted your insegreto.
- When you use insegreto's chat messaging function to directly contact another user, the recipient of your chat message will see your username and the contents of your message. The recipient may also choose to disclose your chat messages to others.
- If you post any User Content to the Services, other insegreto users may be able to see certain information related to your location. For example, other users may be able to see whether you are or were within a certain proximity of their current location or if you frequent similar locations.
- If you invite others to try insegreto via SMS, email or otherwise, those individuals may see your name, phone number, email address or other contact information.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of insegreto or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among insegreto, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- If we have a good faith belief that disclosing the information is necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share secrets with other media. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES
For more information about online advertising, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used by participating companies for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page. Your mobile device also may include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through our mobile application used for behavioral advertising purposes.
ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND secrets
Your secrets remain public so long as you or we do not delete them from the Services. You may choose to delete your individual secrets at any time, and we will then remove them from the Services. However, it is important to note that your deleted secrets may remain in storage in our systems for a limited period of time for legal, business, safety, or system backup reasons, and they may remain accessible in cached and archived pages of the Services or elsewhere if others have chosen to copy or save them. Search engines and other sites may also index and cache content on our Services. You may have to contact these thid-party sites or search engines directly to delete your cached information, subject to their policies and procedures.
If you wish to delete your account, please contact us by using the “Email Support” link in settings from inside the application, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes or for the safety of insegreto (including its users) and others. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first download or open any of our mobile applications or access certain features of the Services, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information from your mobile device or platform. If you consent to the collection of this information but later wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so at any time by either changing the settings on your mobile device or deleting our mobile application. For more information about disabling location information on your mobile device, please refer to our FAQs.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.